Saturday, October 22, 2011

resourcefulness

resourceful.


yup. i am that. its one more thing i can teach my children (i am taking stock of why i deserve to be a parent again...this waiting game is known to make your mind play tricks on itself).



miracles.


yup. i am a beneficiary of those. one more thing i can witness to my children.


CABBAGE PATCH DOLL UPDATE 


if you read the last blog post from me. i spoke of a favorite doll of my childhood. how prized and precious she was to me. a source of absolute love. ok, i am sure it wasn't reciprocated-she is a doll after all. but, she let me "love" her.


i was reminiscing with my mother after the last post. i accused her of always thinking the dolls were "homely" and thanking her for getting my pammy laurice. she told me a part of the story, i did not remember.

i have to go back and ask her who she battled for in a Bradlees Department store over, if it wasn't pammy's sister.

according to her, we were hunting for a doll for my sister as i already owned one(pammy laurice). the store we went to had a ticket system. this wasn't the first store we had gone to. she had heard there was a store in another city that just had a shipment come in. the line wrapped around the store like what you see at Christmas black friday sales. my mother didn't think we'd get a ticket at all, but sure enough we finally baby-stepped it into the store, to the customer service counter, and we were all led into a back room containing the dolls. as my sister searched for her perfect match, i perused the shelves and found one that looked just like my beloved pammy, only with braids instead of pig-tails.

i ran up to my mother with that look. she explained to me that each customer was only allowed one ticket good for one doll. it was my sister's turn to get a doll. BUT i NEEDED a sister for pammy!

my mom then made me a deal, she said if i could find someone to get a ticket for me, she would give me the money to go through the line by myself.

oh i can tell you that my ten year old mind was formulating a plan right away. i accept your challenge mother!

although i remember none of this, by her account, i walked up to a pregnant woman and proceeded to plead my case in my usual million words or less fashion yes i've been like this since childhood).

as she told me this, i thought, "what a brilliant kid i was!" i was proud of myself for thinking about who was the most likely person to help me accomplish this feat.

well, this victim pregnant woman took pity on one very dramatic, skinny, dark eyed, dorothy-hamill-bowl- haircut, pixie of a girl. i got my ticket, paid for my new friend for pammy, and was, as i imagine, very proud of myself.


hmmmm... i last likened my adoption experience, to adopting the dolls. i hadn't planned on getting pammy a friend. the opportunity came up. i felt love again and had to have more. i didn't know how i was going to make it happen, i just knew i was.

i am well aware that my Chinese born children are not dolls, but in a very real and grown up way, the story repeats itself. life imitated life.

i am adopting two children and i don't know how i am going to do it, but i am resourceful. apparently i have been for the last 28 years.


HERE'S WHERE I GET TO THE MIRACLES PART


last week, i had to complete a financial listing of all we had paid for and all the fees left to pay for the adoptions. i nearly fell out of my chair when i saw how much it was really going to cost. you see, i was stupid and really naive when i thought we could adopt two. i grossly misjudged the totals. gulp!

HOW ARE WE GOING TO DO THIS, LORD? I BELIEVE YOU ASKED ME TO DO THIS, BUT HOW? WE HAVEN'T THE MONEY. PLEASE PROVIDE JEHOVAH JIREH. HELP ME TO BE WORTHY TO RAISE THESE GIRLS. HELP US TO BRING THEM HOME.

at church i explained my predicament to my friends. they have all adopted. they know the reality of it. one dear friend said that i wouldn't have said "yes" to God if i had known back in the beginning the costs(not just the monetary ones either i imagine). she was right, i might not have. i should have been too scared. good thing i was just dumb. because now my family is walking a Faith i never imagined existing.

a few nights ago i thought i would take some time to catch up on my blog reading. i click on the first one on the list(my friend B's blog list) that is the newest posts and go from there. what i read on my friend D's blog shook my world. http://bygracewearesix.blogspot.com/ she posted about my family. she technically plagiarized a post from our friend J's blog. http://morethanwecanimagine.blogspot.com/ anyway, both of them have an APB out for the rest of the funds we need. they posted what is called a "Chip In" feature on their sites. anyone can go to these blogs and donate money to bring X and B home from China. they said some really beautiful things about my family too. i started sobbing immediately and praising God for his provision. He has provided me with wonderful friends. He has provided them with the ability to fund raise for us. He has provided us all with a perfect example of the Body of Christ in action.

THANK YOU MOST MAGNIFICENT GOD. FOR YOUR LOVE, YOUR GOOD GIFTS, THE FRUITS OF OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU, AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE DISCIPLES.


i know not how everything will turn out. i don't know if He intends for my family to raise the entire amount still needed, but i do know that i feel SO LOVED. i will not worry or fret. i rest quietly in Him.

thank you to my dear friends who mean so much to me. thank you family for your support.

you are welcome to share this "Chip In" with your family, friends, church, email, facebook, etc. we won't be turning down any love! promise.



No comments:

Post a Comment